Friday, December 30, 2022

To My Sweet Heart

 


To My Sweet Heart

I M R U L  K A Y E S

 

Oh, my sweet heart, I’d like to question you

How long I've to wait for you?

You’re the dream in the realm of tranquility 

How long I've to live with uncertainty?

I’m tired, my eyes are aching 

How long you'll play the game of shaking? 

Your presence in my heart I bore

Your absence I can bear no more!

 

Oh, my sweet heart, the moon is brightly shone

How long you'll keep me alone?

Dreams and desires are flying in the sky

Why are you feeling so reserve and shy?

I'm here, my dear, the time is passing over

How long you'll take to come to lover?

Your absence, in a true sense, is a death to me

To feel the one, make no fun, I must pray to thee.

 

23 August 1999

Khulna.


No comments:

অপেক্ষা

  অপেক্ষা ই ম রু ল কা য়ে স মাঘের হিমবাহ শেষে এলো ফাগুন, এলো বসন্ত বসন্তের আগমনে পুষ্পে পুষ্পে ভরে গেলো বিষন্ন প্রকৃতি; প্রজাপতি রঙ ছড়ালো,...