Saturday, December 31, 2022

Nusrat Afia

 


Nusrat Afia

I M R U L  K A Y E S

(May God bless her departed soul)

 

She was only eight when I first met

A dancing butterfly she was, restless and playful.

I was greatly impressed at her humorous cuteness

 

She robbed off my love and blessings

And covered herself into my solemn prayers

She alone was enough to prove that the school is open

 

She was the centre into her classmates

At morning assembly, sports and culture and in the results

Everywhere she dominated the public focus

 

Her small body was growing as like a flower starts blooming

Nine years have been passed and she was ready to shine

But she bade farewell to us, all on a sudden received death

 

The news came to me as a bolt from the blue!

How can I accept that she is no more!

All my prayers, tender love and blessings for her is in vain.


20 August 2008

Khulna.


No comments:

অপেক্ষা

  অপেক্ষা ই ম রু ল কা য়ে স মাঘের হিমবাহ শেষে এলো ফাগুন, এলো বসন্ত বসন্তের আগমনে পুষ্পে পুষ্পে ভরে গেলো বিষন্ন প্রকৃতি; প্রজাপতি রঙ ছড়ালো,...